The Taxpayer’s Rights
- Is entitled to complete timely and accurate information with regard to his/her rights and obligations under the various Acts administered by Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Is entitled to demand impartial application of the law. It is the responsibility of KRA to collect only the correct amount of tax, duties, levies and fees.
- Is entitled to courteous, considerate and non-discriminatory treatment in his/her dealings with KRA officials in all matters related to KRA activities.
- Is presumed honest unless there is evidence to the contrary.
- Is assured that the personal and financial information that is provided to KRA shall only used for purposes of carrying out lawful duties unless KRA has the taxpayer’s express authority to do otherwise or in situations permitted by law.
- Has a right to question KRA.
- Can question the information, advice and service given to him or her.
- Has a right to demand an official departmental and KRA identification card from any KRA staff visiting the taxpayer. The taxpayer may also call the nearest KRA office to confirm the identity of the officer visiting if in doubt of the identification provided.
- Has a right to be represented by an authorized /licensed agent of his/her choice.