Vision, Mission and Values
What is the NTA?
- The NTA is an independent, non-partisan organization focused on promoting good governance in Kenya through citizen empowerment, enhancing public service delivery and partnership building.
- NTA is registered as a 'society' under section 10 of the Societies Act.
- Since 2006, the NTA has been implementing programmes focused on enhanced citizen demand for accountability through monitoring of the quality of public service delivery and the management of devolved funds.
- It has achieved this through the development of social accountability tools, Citizen Report Cards (CRCs), civic awareness and citizen capacity-building and initiating partnerships with the government and non-state actors.
- To ensure that taxpayers’ money is used to deliver quality services, such as health, education, agriculture, roads and water, etc., for all Kenyans.
- To ensure transparent and citizen-responsive management of taxpayers’ money in devolved funds, such as the Constituency Bursary Fund, Constituency Development Fund, Free Primary Education Fund, etc.
- To sensitize citizens on their rights and responsibilities as taxpayers.
A transparent, accountable and citizen-responsive government delivering quality services to all.
To promote accountable, effective and efficient collection and utilisation of public resources through research, citizen empowerment, enhancing public service delivery and partnership building.
- Accountability - We shall abide by the rules and procedures that govern NTA and be accountable in fulfilling our duties and obligations.
- Transparency - We provide information to our members, partners and implementing partners regarding all our activities.
- Equity - We operate in an equitable manner ensuring all our activities enable members to operate on an equal footing.
- Participation - NTA is inclusive and will ensure that decisions made are consensus-based and elicit the needs of people through effective participation.
- Human rights - NTA adopts a rights-based approach in seeking to ensure that basic human rights are upheld.
- Integrity and fairness - All members are required to exercise a high level of professional integrity and fairness in conducting business on behalf of the NTA. We will act in a fair and responsible manner to protect the rights of all our members.
- Responsibility - NTA has established leadership that is capable, responsible, representative and conscious of its obligations.
- Inclusiveness - NTA ensures that it is an inclusive organisation representing all interests of ordinary taxpayers.
- Effective Stewardship - NTA shall provide leadership in accountability by example.
- Effectiveness and Efficiency - NTA strives to undertake all aspects of its operations with efficiency and effectiveness.